Run.bat not working

Jun 5, 2011 at 8:56 PM

When I go to make the run.bat file it stays as a text file and I have put everything in it to. I went to look at the properties and it said it's name was run.bat.txt and I didn't know how to remove the txt part. Anyone who can help would be greatly appreciated.

Jun 5, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Hi Mate,

What OS you using? What you want to be doing is getting your OS to show file extentions.

I can help you for Windows 7 but for others I suggest a quick Google search for "Show file extensions *Your OS*"

For Windows 7 you want to click the organize drop down on the windows explorer menu bar of the folder the .bat.text file is in. Next select the"Folder and search options" choice. Now click view and scroll down to the "Hide extensions for known file types" you want this unchecked this should enable you to see the .txt extension. Now simply rename your .bat.txt to remove the .txt.

Hope I've helped :)

Sacrimantius

Jun 6, 2011 at 4:43 PM

I also believe if you right-click and select Properties, the textbox on the General tab will let you remove the .txt filename.

Jun 6, 2011 at 4:48 PM

On my PC i still have to go through the process of showing file extensions before the .txt part shows up on that tab for renaming :)

Sacrimantius