index out of range

Jul 18, 2011 at 11:51 PM

hi i`m geting this problem when i try to generate a map

terrariamaptool.exe -terraria "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\terraria" -world "C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds\world1.wld" -output "C:\daniel\terraria\TerrariaMapTool\map" -blocksize 16,16 -layer drawwalls,drawbackgroundwater,drawforegroundwater,drawbackgroundtiles,drawforegroundtiles -zoomlevels 1 -mapdata

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.   at Terraria.World.CheckPot(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type)   at Terraria.World.TileFrame(Int32 i, Int32 j, Boolean resetFrame, Boolean noBreak)   at Terraria.World.FrameTiles()   at Terraria.World..ctor(String path)   at TerrariaMapTool.MapGenerator.Generate(MapGeneratorProgressHandler progressHandler)   at TerrariaMapTool.Program.ConsoleMain(String[] args)

Coordinator
Jul 19, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Try just running the program with no arguments and see if it works through the GUI.

Jul 24, 2011 at 8:51 AM

I'm seeing the same thing. I get the below errors from the below command line. When I try via the GUI with various different options, it just eventually freezes and windows closes it. I'd be happy to provide more details, let me know what would help and how to obtain it. I wasn't expecting the command to return immediately, but then to continue outputting... is that just how it works?

Command:
W:\fryfrog.com\htdocs\terraria\World2>c:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\terraria\terrariamaptool.exe -terraria "c:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\terraria" -world "C:\Users\fryfrog\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds\world2.wld" -output "W:\fryfrog.com\htdocs\terraria\World2" -blocksize 16,16 -layer drawwalls,drawbackgroundwater,drawforegroundwater,drawbackgroundtiles,drawforegroundtiles -zoomlevels 1 -mapdata

Output:
Loading world

Unhandled exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Terraria.World.Check3x2(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type)
   at Terraria.World.TileFrame(Int32 i, Int32 j, Boolean resetFrame, Boolean noBreak)
   at Terraria.World.FrameTiles()   at Terraria.World..ctor(String path)
   at TerrariaMapTool.MapGenerator.Generate(MapGeneratorProgressHandler progressHandler)
   at TerrariaMapTool.Program.ConsoleMain(String[] args)

Jul 24, 2011 at 8:54 AM

I see you just posted an updated version and I'm running it now far more successfully. Thanks! :)